COMMERCIAL PROJECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
The team from our Research, Enterprise and Innovation Services department (RIES) are always on the look out for students with the skills to help companies on commercial projects. If you’re interested in finding out more contact them via firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the University’s commitment to supporting students to build their work experience, UWTSD offers a number of internship bursaries of up to £1000 for undergraduate UWTSD students wishing to gain relevant work experience with a company/group who cannot offer paid employment. For full details visit our bursaries page.
Please find below a list of the current opportunities – please click the link to the PDF file and follow the instructions for further information :
Intern Opportunities / Full time positions
Brain Associates Ltd
Brain Associates Ltd currently have a number of flexible work experience opportunities available, they are looking for students who will be able to assist with the following areas: –
- Polishing of our marketing material, producing a video / presentation and a front end that encompasses our services without being to in-depth.
- Increase market awareness of Brain Associates
- Identify funding opportunities for both entities
- Help set up a marketing strategy to develop the existing core business and new direction of the Welsh business expansion
- Identify new areas of business for the existing equipment range
- Help with the design of the biodiesel base product capture equipment for use at sewer treatment works
- Maybe provide assistance with the Saundersfoot Harbour rehabilitation project ( Ill contact Mike Davies and provide the initial contact for you)
- Help with designing specialist equipment based around the current Brain systems
Was incorporated in 1996 and has always provided specialist equipment and services to many industries throughout the world. Originally the company’s product line was based on high airflow liquid ring vacuum tankers and air driven mining pumps, but over the last decade due to a change in environmental focus the company has moved towards specialist remediation equipment and final stage treatment of waste streams. Many systems are purpose built with options to buy or rent depending on the client’s needs. The management team provide experience, problem solving engineering solutions and the ability to complete projects with commitment and passion leaving many larger companies in their wake. During 2013 the company signed an agreement to import sustainable Palm Sludge bio fuel into the UK and Europe for the power generation market which it is actively selling to date.
Current Web Site : www.brain-associates.com
For further information please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Desrez – Estate Agency Software Company, Swansea
A strong working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and photoshop is essential
- Artwork creation: brochure, adverts, flyers, emails and other marketing collateral and preparing artwork for print where necessary
- Designing and producing highly creative, impactful presentations for new business pitches and client presentations
- Create e-shot designs for e-marketing campaigns
- Effectively manage multiple briefs at a time, prioritising where necessary
- Think creatively, generate new ideas, designs and concepts
Marketing skills are advantageous but not essential as you will receive guidance from the Marketing team
- Writing blogs and content for email campaigns
- Research and preparation of materials for use in new projects
- Creating content and development of social media following
- Data analysis, segment data to support marketing campaigns
For further information please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Dragon MFG Ltd – Social Enterprise/Equal Opportunities
Marketing Assistant – 16 hours
o Marketing Assistant including research campaign strategy
o Assistant to the Director
o Public relations
o Marketing audit, strategy, processes and standards
o Miscellaneous duties
o Customer service including written and oral correspondence
o Data input
o Customer relationship management
o Photoshop artwork, IT and digital (textile) print
o Calculating quotes, issuing invoices, chasing payments
Sewing machinists with solid experience of domestic and/or industrial sewing machines, flat bed and zigzag – if you have a knack and are efficient, organised, methodical, have an attention to detail and want to work as part of a growing team, this may suit you down to the ground.
An eye for detail and quality finish for this role is absolutely essential and we’re interested more in the right attitude and personality than qualifications and CVs.
For further information please go to: https://www.reddragonflagmakers.co.uk/pages/work-with-red-dragon
Engineering Education Scheme Wales – Marketing and Design
EESW currently have a number of flexible work experience opportunities available, they are looking for students who will be able to assist with the following areas: –
- Marketing Flyers redesign
- Project Brochure cover design for 2018
- Talent annual Journal production with Media Wales (July/August)
- Pull up banners design
- Various promotional and information documents design
- Assist with development of new Web Site
- 30 years celebration design
Who are we?
We are an independent registered charity running schemes to inspire and motivate young people aged 11 to 19 to choose careers in Science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
What do we do?
We aim to enlighten young people about the challenges and opportunities presented by STEM areas through high quality activities involving schools and industry. Our aim is to show that STEM areas are diverse and stimulating, and can provide an intellectually challenging career.
We provide a great opportunity for students to develop a wide range of skills, in a number of disciplines. Whilst engaging in exciting STEM activities students can develop and gain accreditation for Essential and Key Skills, earn UCAS points, as well as achieving CREST Awards. Additionally, students can strengthen and develop their team working skills, project management techniques, public speaking and presentation abilities, as well as report writing. http://www.stemcymru.org.uk/industry/
If you would like to take up one or more of these opportunities then please send your CV and covering letter to Amanda at email@example.com
Under Graduate Students interested in taking up these opportunities may also be able to access the internship bursaries up to a value of £1000.
IndyCube – Multi-Media Designer
The candidate will use their creative layout and design skills to create promotional online and offline marketing material.
- Create assets for and maintain the company web site
- Design and develop info-graphics
- Conceptualise and produce websites/e-mail marketing materials
- Manage print related tasks
- Produce company related stationery
- Maintain the look and feel of the website
A working knowledge of the Adobe CS: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Premier. Good all round media skills including, sound, video and stills.
The two main responsibilities will be designing, creating and managing offline material for marketing indycube.com and designing and creating online web related assets and social media based content that integrate into our ongoing media campaigns. The employee will work with the senior directors supporting them with creative content.
To apply for the above position please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business in Focus – Event Management
Business in Focus currently has a work experience placement in their Marketing Department. Duties of the role will include: –
- Assisting with event planning and event management
- Supporting the marketing team with day to day tasks
- Helping to maintain and write content for our social media accounts
- Work on our client database to add and amend data as required
- Work on developing our networking map
- Set up and run email marketing campaigns to our clients and partners
- Proof reading marketing materials and communications
The role would suit someone who is looking to gain experience in Marketing and Events Management. We are ideally looking for a person who has access to their own car to attend events, and has a proactive can be attitude.
To apply for the above position please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com
SureView Systems – Junior QA Engineer
SureView Systems is an international security surveillance software company. The company builds, sells and supports ImmixTM, a video based automation and integration software platform for security monitoring stations. SureView has used Microsoft.Net technology to develop a platform that is agile, built for the cloud and leverages the lastest rich media and mobile platforms.
SureView partners with manufacturers, integrators, and global security organisations to distribute the ImmixTM platform and deliver world-class security solutions. Since its launch in 2003, the ImmixTM platform now protects thousands of customer locations across the globe and SureView’s ImmixTM platform has become the de facto integration solution for video centric monitoring stations.
The company is committed to the development of the ImmixTM platform to ensure its capabilities continue to maintain market leadership within a rapidly evolving market space and meet the needs dictated by increasingly complex customer requirements. SureView is an international organisation with offices in the Technium buildings at Swansea SA1 Waterfront and Tampa, Florida, USA.
As an expanding company we are looking to increase the size of our QA team and have a new position available for a QA engineer.
The successful candidate will be involved within all forms of testing throughout the system: integration testing, regression phases, performance evaluations, and stress testing. A variety of tools will be used for each circumstance.
You would be working with a wide range of different software and hardware including but not limited to: Digital Video Recorders, IP Cameras, Alarm Panels, Intercoms, GPS Devices, Situational Awareness Systems and Access Control Systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic software development team while gaining experience with a wide range of different systems and software. In addition to developing new skillsets as part of the core QA team.
A college level computing/IT qualification is required.
- A passion for quality and technology, an enthusiastic personality, and a great team player
- Networking technologies and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team
- A passion for emerging hardware and software technologies
- Excellent attend to detail
- Experience of testing in an agile environment
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Server Technologies
- ISTQB/ISEB foundation or intermediate level
- 1-2 year’s experience within a testing role
Permanent full time
Vizolution – Software Development Company
Vizolution: http://www.vizolution.co.uk/ a software Development company in Swansea. Vizoltion provides a suite of solutions that create digital bridges between channels to create seamless customer journeys.
They are offering voluntary work experience for students who are looking for IT experience within a growing software company, where they will show how servers are built etc.
If you interested in this opportunity send your CV to Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org