We can help you with
- Working out how to design and create a career and lifestyle that works for you, both during Uni and afterwards;
- Understanding what skills and assets you already have and building the confidence to use them;
- Making the most of your time at University to build up the experiences you’ll need for your future;
- Growing your networks and presenting yourself online and offline in ways that will give you access to the best opportunities;
- Developing the confidence and ability to redesign your life whenever circumstances change or you change your outlook.
Life Design workshops are designed to be fun, informal sessions focused on enabling you to take control of your future. There are lots of activities, some individual, some group – but the real focus is always on you and your future. We work through the four stages of the process with you, and will support you on a 1-2-1 basis to plan your next steps, but it’s down to you to make the most of the opportunities available to you and to make things happen for yourself.
Yes, all current students are able to access Life Design, either by attending a session, using the online resources or contacting us direct. Please see our contact page for details.
No, it’s not compulsory, but every student at UWTSD is automatically ‘signed up’ to Life Design. It’s up to you to make the most of the support available.
Workshops are available on our Carmarthen, Swansea, and Lampeter campuses. If you are based on another campus and are interested in holding a workshop there, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a distance learning student you can use the resources on this site to work through the Life Design process independently, you are welcome to visit the Life Design Studio and attend face-to-face events.
We’re also happy to offer telephone or online support via email/Lync/Skype or social media. Please visit our contact page for information about how and when to get in touch.
No. Life Design is not an assessed part of your studies, although some sessions or activities may be embedded in your modules by your lecturers. Our focus is on you getting the maximum value from your experience at University, and achieving the goals you set for yourself, not on adding to your assessment commitments.